Fwd: [Harp-L] Musselwhite overblowing or alternate harptuning?

I remember encountering Charlie at the Hering booth at Winter NAMM
back when he was endorsing Hering (1997?), and he mentioned that the
Hering diatonics overblow well. I didn't get the sense he was feeding
me what someone else had told him to say, and I seem to remember him
mentioning it on other occasions like he was speaking from experience.

Charlie sometimes talks like he hasn't done anything new since he was
born. But look at where he's been in the last several years, including
playing latin tunes on chromatic, recording with Eliades Ochoa (of
Buena Vista Social Club fame) and other adventures (including becoming
proficient in the Spanish language) that are pretty exotic for a
small-town southern boy from Tennessee.

WInslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ludo Beckers <ludobeckers@...>
wrote:

I just listened to Charlie Musselwhite's new cd Delta Hardware, and
heard something strange on the last track, Blues for Yesterday.
At 3'58 there's clearly an overblow 6 (G harp) ór an alternate tuning
on the top end of the harp.
It even sounds like a 7 overdraw, as a quick passing note, in the lick
at 4'06.

I don't have the cd cover, since it's a review copy that strangely
enough came without booklet.
Maybe there's something in the liner notes about this?

I'm just curious because I know Charlie never got into ob-ing, and I'm
not aware that he ever used an alternate harp tuning.
Anyone heard about the old dog learning new tricks?

Ludo