[Harp-L] Re: how much do you get paid for a gig?

"Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know the level of money Robert is making may seem obscene to many
> but I assure you it is not. While I have never made money close to that I
> know plenty of people who have.  That level of money is the "real world"
> of the working musician.

not really obscene at all.  he's being paid for his talent, and for what he
brings to the music.  and if you factor in all the time he's spent attaining
and maintaining that level of play, it starts to look like they're getting
quite a bargain.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?