Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Bending and tone

[Harp-L] Bending and tone

I heard an interview with Billy Boy Arnold several years ago and he said that Sonny Boy 1 told him, "You have to choke it, Billy."
That threw me way off because when I choked it, literally, the tone went south fast.  Now you can gently "choke" (bend) the TB
 and it sounds fine, but cross the line and bad tone comes into play because the back of the tongue starts to block off the air flow needed.

I think he really meant for Billy to learn the bending technique, which he happened to call it "choking".

steve

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com