[Harp-L] Sit-In Stories

In the early 80s I managed a club in Jackson Hole, Wyoming; the only club in town that was not exclusively country music.  I booked some country, and bluegrass and even jazz.  Many of them were national acts, and I sat in with every act that played in the club.

  One of the really memorable sit-in stories is when we had Herbie Mann in for a one-night show.  I didn't get to sit in during the show, but afterwards we jammed for a bit and he let me try playing through his rig, which included an old tape Echo-Plex.   I was absolutely stunned by the sound I got, which probably set me on the path that has led to my use of digital effects today.