Re: [Harp-L] Sit-In Stories

Not so much a sit-in story as a humbling Jam story.

Boston, 1995. As a young grad student, I went to a Jam in Davis Square. I
thought way too much of myself as a player back then (and I'm a million
times better now, so that should put it in perspective to those of you who
have actually heard my spastic playing these days). Anyway, I went up, did
my thing on harp, and smugly sat down. Immediately up next was this tiny
little frizzy haired white girl with a harp in her hands. I  rolled my eyes
and prepared for the worst.  But hey, a jam's a jam, right?  If some soccer
mom wants to get her blues on, who am I to deny her?(what a chauvanist!)
Anyway, by the time her three songs were up, this woman had wiped the floor
with me, wrung me out, and left me in a wilted wad at the bottom of my beer
glass.  ....and deservedly so........When I could speak again, I went over
to compliment her, introduce myself ,and find out who the heck she was.
Annie Raines was very gracious, and even said she liked one of the moves I
did. How kind of her...........

- BAT