Re: [Harp-L] Great week for discovering harp players

Message: 12
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:23:46 -0400
From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Great week for discovering harp players
I've had a lot of fun this week discovering harp players that are not
new to to the scene, but new for me.
It's thrilling to me to hear so many players in their 20s and 30s who
are doing new, exciting work in so many different styles. If this keeps
up, the future of this instrument and the people who play it is bright.
And I'm going to have lots of fun checking these guys out from now on.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

Hi Richard, Yes I agree. And how neat for you to meet them personally too when you can. It may be that many up and coming masters are starting out alot younger due to the awesome exposure we all have to harmonica these days with the internet and harmonica clubs etc. Thanks for the links.

I seem to think I've heard the back up tracks/music behind Ross
Walters, could it be David Barrett's play-along tracks with John
Garcia on guitar?
Nate