Re: [Harp-L]Ipod to record your shows?

I have a 4th generation iPod and the Griffin iTalk
recording accessory.

I bought the iTalk mainly to replace the cassette tape
recorder that I would carry in my vehicle to record a
harp lick or song that I may come up with on my daily
drive to/from work (I always hated when I would come
up with something, only to forget it as the day went
by !).  Probably better off carring the cassette
recorder...

The iTalk is pretty feeble, but better than nothing.
The biggest complaint is that it picks up the whining
sound of the iPod's harddrive spinning.  The low-bit
rate is also a problem when I tried disecting some
Madcat licks that I recorded from one of his Video
tapes, attempting to get them on my iPod for
instructional puruposes (slowing the licks down, and
having little segments to study) on my iPod.

It will be interesting to see what 'recording'
accessories come out for the 5th gen (or next
generation!) iPod.

A search on the iLounge website shows this
'soon-to-be-available' Belkin recorder at:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/xtrememac-micromemo-digital-recorder-for-ipod/

There's also a Griffin iTalkpro in the 'near' future
as well...

I love my iPod(s), and you can't have an iPod without
cool accessories !   might have to buy another one if
the recording feature ever really gets good!

Ken Hildebrand

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BK3YJI/102-4905028-9567324?