Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Mike Stevens

Yup, just another Canadian boy crazy into harp.

Mike plays in a bluegrass context for the most part, yet his main
influences are pre-war southern blues players. And he makes extensive
use of overblows - a fairly unusual combination.

He's a really nice cat, too. I've met him a few times at SPAH festivals.

Another oddity is that for a mostly acoustic player he's quite a
gearhead and was all over Mr. Downchild's microphone booth trying to
restrain himself from flashing the cash. He encouraged me to buy a
vintage Shure 545 that he liked, and I continue to use and enjoy it.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pierre <plavio@...> wrote:

Richard Hunter said:

By the way, I forgot to mention Mike Stevens, whose playing has been
heard on dozens of Grand Ole Opry broadcasts, in my previous list of
prominent country harmonica players.

Mike Stevens is awsome, he was in Montreal last summer for a "trad" music
festival here (with  guitar/banjo player Raymond McLain) and he is
without
peers. It's unfortunate, his name hardly gets mentioned on the list.
Mike is
really hot!

Pierre.