[Harp-L] Making a Marine Band mildly gig worthy...

Due to an emergency a few weeks ago (forgot to pack all my harps), I had to buy two Marine Bands at a Guitar Center.  Usually I order Golden Melodies from Coast 2 Coast.

  Anyway, I have a couple of weeks off of work and would like to "customize" them in the loosest sense.  This would include sealing the comb as efficiently as possible and replacing the nails with screws.  The current action is terrible and I want to work on the reeds.

  So, any suggestions for a newb on "customizing a Marine Band"?  I am good with reeds, but know little about the rest.  I am totally entry level and just want a summer project and a chance to make a couple throw away harps at least practice worthy. If I really want a good Marine Band I'd pick up another Artisan from Tim Moyer.  I got one form him the other day and it was exactly what I was looking for.  A great playing MB that I could do the reed work on at a great price! Any tweaks that are relatively easy are welcomed...perhaps opening the back or smoothing edges?

  Thanks,

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
NiteRail