[Harp-L] Is the blues a microscopic part of global culture?

On 7/21/06, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@...> wrote:

> The world is a huge place.
>
> It's full of amazing things.
>
> it's full of deep feelings.
>
> Blues is only one teensy, tiny piece of that. Deep as the blues is,
> it's only a microscopic piece.
>
> Think about how huge the world must really be if the blues can be that
> deep and still only a tiny piece of what's out there.

What a wonderful and insightful statement about the world and why we make music in the first place.Mr. Winslow Yerxa has given me another reason to visit Quebec and check out this music he spoke of.
As to the previous discussion about early country music, listen to the Delmore Brothers (great harp) and Jimmy Rogers "The Singing Brakemen" they sound like Blues to me.