Re: [Harp-L] Did The Blues invent the Light buld

I happen to agree with Winslow, no disrespect to Paul but your view on the blues is incredibly ethocentric.

Blues evolved from JuJu and Hilife music in western african. In fact the evolution is very slight as even the older forms of JuJu sound like contemporary blues and funk.  The blues was not born in the rural southern US it was brought here and forced to be perfomed on primitve and otherwise makeshift instruments that were given to the slaves to keep them happy.