[Harp-L] RE: James Cotton recommendations

I'd have to recommend Best of the Verve Years, this CD has his first LP complete and assorted other tracks he did for Verve, including his show-stopper "The Creeper" . The first LP was terrific (I bought it when I was 16 and played it to death) , distinctive , definitely NOT note-for-note covers of Off the Wall, Don't Start Me Talking, Rocket 88, and I still hear guys around my age (51) at jam sessions doing tunes based on his versions from that record. Luther Tucker from Muddy's band (and Walter's recordings) , the great Alberto Gianquento on piano, etc. provided great backup.
Oh, and sorry if this has been suggested before, since I'm a digest person I won't know until the next digest.
Incidentally, I will be going to SPAH, finally, this year although I won't arrive until Thursday pm. due to work. Hope to see you there!