Re: [Harp-L] Pathetic and Morbid

Yes, we musicians can name some players of that time, but I doubt if the general population can.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mike and Beverly Rogers" <mbrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Robert Bonfiglio" <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Pathetic and Morbid

oh c'mon now, I'm no music historian but Victor Herbert, Theodore Morse and John Philip Sousa were around during that time surly most of you regognize those names. Oh you're a blues musician? Ever hear of Rev Gary Davis I believe he was playing around that time. I think DeFord Bailey came up in about 1910. Not sure on that...but it was way back then. Gus Cannon and Noah Lewis, hey he's a harmonica player. how many of you own Gus Cannon's Jug Stompers CD?

People will be remember and those are the folks off the top of my head.