Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 35, Issue 38

On Jul 18, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Eric Neumann wrote:

Chris makes some bold statements. I wonder who LUTE players thought would
matter in their own future.
I doubt anyone knows what will matter in 100 years, or who will be
remembered.

Eee..o Pre..dicto

If things keep going the way they are, and remembering what a shock it was when the Can-Can was unveiled on the unsuspecting Parisian public, I figure that in the future the shock factor will get to the point that a new group will have to form and then (sooner or later):

1... A point will be reached where one member of the band will have to sacrifice themselves (probably by lot) and murder someone live and during a concert.
2... That member will be tried and after they are incarcerated, and replaced, another member will have to do the same thing.
3... After a while, the band will be the TOP band by virtue of having the greatest number of former members on death row.
4... At this time the money will be rolling in and the remaining members can sit back, chill, and reap the benefits. The entertainment world breeds on depravity.

Sad to think that this is our future? but it's already getting a little bizzarre out there.

smo-joe