Re: Re: [Harp-L] re: pathetic

I'm thinking in terms of milestones.  Steveland probably won't be remembered for being a harmonica player but I've asked lot's of people at my shows who their favorite harmonica player is and they think... popper is always the first one to come to mind then people start saying Billy Joel, Dylan and Young eventually after some thought they arrive at Mr. Judkins.  I think Billy, Bobbie and Neilsinsky are not necessarily favorites but rather people players that are associated with the harmonica.

BTW- I didn't write the wiki entry as somebody suggested.  Although I dabble in acid jazz and funk I wouldn't ever call myself that kind of player. Interesting that somebody thinks that... I wouldn't label Ricci as Blues and would call Popper Pop/Rock. I probably would mention Toots AND howard as jass players ot just toots.