[Harp-L] Sam Myers passes at 70 7-17-06

All,
It is with great sadness in my heart that I tell you that my good friend and
mentor Sam Myers has passed away at the age of 70. In the past year Sam has
fought a battle with throat cancer, and had just finally been able to go home a
week ago. He was looking healthier than he had been in years, and he was very
happy to be able to go home. It really seemed like he was on the mend and the
doctors said he probably had another 15-20 years in him. That was not to be.
This morning he began choking and after 30 minutes of working on Sam, the
paramedics we're not able to resuscitate him. Please send out prayers to Sam's
family and extended family members. I know there are many here who loved Sam for
the man he was, and for his great contributions to blues music. He really
affected me as a human being, and as a musician. I will post details of the funeral
when they become available.
I love you Sammy,
GODSPEED,
HB