Re: [Harp-L] Miller is a 12-Year-Old Harp Monster

On Jul 14, 2006, at 7:37 AM, Larry Haston wrote:

12 year old L.D. Miller, along with brothers Cole, Clayton and father, Larry Miller make up the Clayton Miller Blues Band. Here's their website: www.claytonmillerbluesband.com
There you will find a link to a YouTube video where L. D. is shown displaying his vocal chops for Taylor Hicks. The kid shows a lot of vocal promise as well.

No one has asked the question yet, so here goes. WHO taught this kid? Certainly he didn't come out of the womb this good.
( maybe he had a womb with a view)?

To be quite honest, when I first heard him, I was impressed and stunned, but I wasn't ENTHUSED. He was mainly lots and lots of notes, but there was no structure, no context, nothing to identify with. He was a 'blazing saddle'. A flash-bang grenade. Thankfully, the second time I heard him, he WAS doing a recognizable structured tune.

Not wishing to hurt anyone's feelings, but he has already leaped above everyone and taken out everyone's Achilles tendons in the process. Don't know how anyone is going to stand up to this onslaught? And while shrimpdaddy says it isn't about being a contest nor a race, and while I wholeheartedly agree, America (at least) is, unfortunately a country of 'motor-heads' and EVERYTHING seems to eventually come down to a competition. Our whole society breeds and brain washes us with that sort of crap.

smokey