[Harp-L] RE: Colorado Springs place to jam

Bobby BlackHat asked the following:
I will be headed out to Colorado Springs for a few days and would like to do
a little jamming while I'm in the area.  Does anyone know what the blues
scene is like out there?  Any suggestions on clubs or open mics?

Bobby,
I have copied the following from our Colorado Blues Society weekly update on places to jam, etc.  Recommend you call each venue before you show up as these gigs change fairly frequently and notice is not always given.  Hope it is helpful.  Good luck.
dave

Sunday-
The Wayfarer (6-10, The Channel Cats) in CO Springs

Wednesday-
Benny's (8-midnight, Jake Loggins Band) in CO Springs

Thursday-
Laura Belle's (8 pm, Jake Loggins Band) in CO Springs
Thunder & Buttons II (8 pm, Jake Loggins Band) in CO Springs

Though it is not a jam you might like to know about the following:

Pikes Peak Blues Community presents "Paint the Town Blue" - a free summer concert series. Thursday evenings through August 17, 5:30pm-7:30pm, at Bancroft Park, Colorado Springs, 2408 W. Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO).

July 6, Blues Bullies; July 13, Ken Saydak; July 20, Little Ricky & the Roosters; July 27, Big Sky;  August 3, Dick Cunico's Little Big Band; August 10, Tribe; August 17, That Band.

All "Paint the Town Blue" concerts are FREE and open to the whole family, so grab your lawn chairs and picnic blankets and come on down to join the fun!

Rain location is across the street at Thunder & Buttons, 2415 W. Colorado Ave.  Food from Front Range BBQ will be available for purchase.

For more information about the "Paint the Town Blue" summer concert series,
visit http://www.PikesPeakBlues.org or call (719) 685-1861 ext. 42.