[Harp-L] some different funeral songs

the first song that came to my mind (ok, after amazing grace),
was Brokedown Palace, by the grateful dead:
http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/brok.html  (lyrics)
http://www.archive.org/details/gd74-07-27.sbd.kaplan.2420.sbeok.shnf (mp3)

other possibilites are ripple, bird song, to lay me down.
lyrics at http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/

these may not work as instrumentals, unless the audience or family is
familiar with them.  a lot of their power is in the words.

so maybe that's the key, to find out something about the deceased,
some song or kind of music that meant something to them, and go with that.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?