Re: [Harp-L] Subject re: Michel Herblin "Voice"/was Damien Masterson/Chromatics

<< I'd highly recommend the entire Inspiration CD, though.....from  Michel to
Toots to Stevie (Evets Rednow), Charlie McCoy, Larry Adler(with  Django
Reinhardt), Deford Bailey, Little Walter, James Cotton(with  Muddy Waters), Borrah
Minevitch group, Thierry Crommen, Phil John &  Pip Murphy, Greg Szlapczynski,
Olivier Ker Ourio, Jimmie Riddle (with  Roy Acuff), Sonny Boy Williamson, Hugo
Diaz, Big Walter Horton, Mark  Graham, Eric Chafer, Robert Lee McCoy (with Lee
Brown), Magic Dick &  Sonny Terry....you know this is a "something else" kind
of  album. >>

To me, Inspiration is undoubtedly the compilation that most represents the harmonica as an instrument, irrespective of eras or genres. Inspiration 2 is also great and done much in the same spirit. I'm not sure it's distributed in the US, but you can find the track listing on my blog here : http://harmonica.typepad.com/harmonica_ramblings/2005/04/more_inspiratio.html

Benoît
http://harmonica.typepad.com