To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <srmerola@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:25 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Subject re: Michel Herblin "Voice"/was Damien Masterson/Chromatics

I wrote about Chromatics recently and mentioned Michel Herblin's "Voice" as
being one of my favorite and most beautiful pieces of harmonica (presumably
chromatic) music from a compilation album I have (Inspiration - 22 Great
Harmonica Performances selected by J.J. Milteau).

Much to my chagrin, I've since found out that Michel plays strictly Golden
Melodies! and that oh-so-gorgeous chromatic performance of his seems to be a
rather common mistake others have made as well. I have Steve Merola to thank
for his graciously cluing me in to Michel's harp of choice, style of playing
and background (thanks, Steve). At least one of Michel's CD's is now on my
"must-buy" list....

I'd highly recommend the entire Inspiration CD, though.....from Michel to
Toots to Stevie (Evets Rednow), Charlie McCoy, Larry Adler(with Django
Reinhardt), Deford Bailey, Little Walter, James Cotton(with Muddy Waters), Borrah
Minevitch group, Thierry Crommen, Phil John & Pip Murphy, Greg Szlapczynski,
Olivier Ker Ourio, Jimmie Riddle (with Roy Acuff), Sonny Boy Williamson, Hugo
Diaz, Big Walter Horton, Mark Graham, Eric Chafer, Robert Lee McCoy (with Lee
Brown), Magic Dick & Sonny Terry....you know this is a "something else" kind
of album.

If anyone would like an actual list of the tracks, I'd be happy to post
it...but it's easy enough to view at CD Universe where I got it for the best
price...as well as listen to snippets (though the one from Voice doesn't do the
full song justice).
Elizabeth