[Harp-L] Low A Harp

I recently built a low A harp (an octave lower than a standard A) for a customer, and I loved it so much I recorded this little ditty so I could remember what it sounds like:

http://www.workingmansharps.com/Sounds/other/Low%20A%20Honeycomb.mp3

Then I went back and recorded a solo track over it with a regular A, just for fun. This was all done on the computer; I just knocked off this one take. I thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.workingmansharps.com/Sounds/other/A%20Harp%20Mix.mp3

The low A was a beeswax sealed wood combed Marine Band, tuned to 19-limit just intonation for full-bodied chording. I recorded the regular A part on an equally tempered, Paddy Richter tuned Golden Melody from my gig set.

Time to go back and build one for myself!

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/