Re: [Harp-L] Re: portable mp3 player/recorder- mobiblue

I'm curious whether this device would work with a USB microphone?
Anyone want to guess?

-tim

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, randy singer <randy@...>
wrote:

I can finally give a review of this unit as I have recorded my last
six shows with it.

It is incredible. This tiny MP3 is so easy to use and the LCD
display
is so clear, I can read from 2 feet away, though it is a bit harder
to read in broad daylight.

I take the line out from my mixer into this unit and hit the record
button at 128 sampling rate and it records with amazing clarity.

when I get back to the studio, i plug the usb cable in and the unit
appears as a hard drive on my desktop. I drag the files into my mp3
splitter and cut up the files into individual songs. Super easy.

the unit is both mac and pc compatible and available here.

http://store.mobibluamerica.com/b153mp3player.html

as winslow asked, the unit comes with a mini usb cord with a stereo
miniplug on the end.

my only negative comments are the following
- there is no input meter so I have to guess how much signal to
send
it. however, the unit is forgiving and i have yet to overdrive it.
- when I hit the pause button between my songs as I am recording,
the
unit does not put a track mark between the songs like my minidisc
player does.  I wish it would, if anyone figures out how to do
this,
let me know.

--the mp3 quality of this unit may not appease the audiophile ears
of
Garry H and others, but for everyday recording, this unit records
with astonishing clarity. If you are going for audiophile recording
get the EDITROL unit, etc, but if you only have a hundred dollars
and
want to hear yourself clearly, get this one.

did i mention, it has a built in mic and a fm tuner, you can record
fm as well.

this unit is so small, it comes with a lanyard!! Plus, it is so
inexpensive that you can take it anywhere without fearing you will
drop it and lose a ton of money.

I have yet to test it to see if I can use an external mic with it.

many more features, too many to list.

it is a bunch of fun for something as big as a small box of matches.

randy

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE,