[Harp-L] Re: harp instructional videos/ cd's

well, regardless of i what i have learned or not learned from the instructional videos and cd's i've bought-and i've bought them all- (some of them still in shrink wrap , bought years ago and still on my "shelf of shame" )..........

of the ones i've watched, i think they are all priceless in the sense that watching the great Junior Wells in full regalia telling me for twenty straight minutes (sic) that the diatonic harmonica has ten holes and you can either blow or suck thru it is extremely entertaining, it is flat out great to see junior using up video tape like that . likewise rod piazza's snapshot picture tour and gear tour and just rod there on video captured for all time, or the fabulous Gary Smith video with his shiny suit, monster tone mini concerts, and cool amps etc etc. or mark hummel playing with his usual stratospherically flawless technique and giant rubber feet ( while teaching a full boatload). also portnoy's, butterfields's (god bless 'im ), dave barrett's , billy boy arnold's, norton buffalo's, howard levy's and others. simply being able to watch and hear my harp heros, especially the one's in harp heaven, regardless of how much they do or don't teach is , to me EASILY worth the price of admission. the little walter video as brief as it is, is indeed a joy to just watch all 145 pounds of him stand straight up and down and sway slightly in front of the mic...you'd otherwise never know how it looked. i never saw the greatest blues harp player in history , william clarke , but luckily i have a number of videos ( no teaching per se, how cool would that have been?). incidentally i bought the recently released william clarke live in germany cd and it is about 10 out of 10 on the rating scale...the cd looks kind of cheap what with the cover graphics but the sound is very very good and the playing is just astounding, also his guitar player from that show was very entertaining . it is an absolute must-buy for any william clarke fan.

cletus