Fwd: [Harp-L] Is that a picture of John Lee Hooker playing harmonica I see...?

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nate <huffa.puffa@xxxx> wrote:

Greetings,
Just purchased a DVD and see a picture in its booket of what looks like John
Lee Hooker playing harmonica alongside Big Mama Thornton.
Need to get going so will find out more details later and post if any.
Anyone know of him playing harp and if there might be any of his harp
playing recordings?

Cheers,
Nate

Hi, Nate.  One of the American Folk Blues Festival DVD's has a track where a bunch of folks
take a turn at a little harp solo, including John Lee Hooker.  I just pulled it off the shelf --
looks like the final track on volume 2.  That must be the DVD you just purchased.  Check
out the track and report back.  :-)    --jk