Re: [Harp-L] Re: printing Harp-l

Ken K Kwok wrote:
I did not know that Harp-l is sent out either each message seaparately or in a digest form in 20 posts in one E-mail. I find that
digest form is convenient in rapid scan but not accessible for selective
printing. I received valuable helps in E-mail from Bobbie, Hodgson,
Leslie Ann and Winslow to do selective printing from the digest form. One
advantage in digest form is in decrease in E-mail number counts as only
one total message compared to 20 clickings in other form. Ken

And if you read that and it makes absolutely no sense here's why. Ken's a digest subscriber but he gets his digest via the Yahoo Groups interface, not harp-l. While the content is pretty much the same the two interfaces are not. There's also a lag in receiving the yahoo version. So if you read Ken's note and thought you could set the threshold for your digest, i.e. 20 posts per digest you cannot if you get a harp-l digest. That threshold which is based on size not a number of posts is set by the listowner of harp-l and cannot be subscriber defined. fjm