[Harp-L] Tone?

There has been a good deal of discussion about technical and (or vs., depending upon you point of view) more subjective aspects of playing. It makes me want to ask, how do you "improve" the more subjective aspects of your playing. Specifically, I can record myself with a metronome or jam track and see how I'm doing for timing, or I can play with Bendometer and see how I'm doing at hitting the correct pitch on my bends. The thing is, I'm entirely dissatisfied with the tone/timber of my bent notes. I know that those of you with pleasing tone on your bent notes (and OBs) didn't get that by magic, you worked for it. My question is how? I'm probably asking something that can't be put into words, but what do you do to improve your tone on bent notes?

Peace and music,
Dave