Re: Subject: [Harp-L] RE: bending using tongue-block (AKA shut upalready, Dennis!)

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:17:58 -0800
From: "Mark Wilson" <markwilson53@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] RE: bending using tongue-block (AKA
	shut	upalready, Dennis!)
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
>From: "G" <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>>  I made some sound
>> samples for the purpose of comparing how I sound using pucker and tongue
>> block through a bullet mic - I wasn't expecting much difference, but it's
>> pretty obvious there is:
>
>Hello G,
>Were those recording made at the same time or did you do the pucker first,
>and the TB later?
>There is a big difference between the two..
>Mark

Hi Mark,
  All three were done within an hour on the same day, same harp, same
equipment, same setup, the only thing I changed between each take was my
embouchure.
  To my ears all three takes sound different, but the third take blocking
the upper holes of the harp with my cheek is markedly different to pucker
and regular TB.

Cheers,
-- G.