[Harp-L] SF Bay area Blues

I had a couple of interviews in the SF area this past fall, and solicited the list for info. My experience...

  I felt pretty comfortable at the Mojo Lounge, even though I had to play with a less experienced group of guys.  RJ was out of town, but Birdleg covered.  I then went to Birdlegg's Oakland Jam the next night.

  You must meet Birdlegg.  He's got style like Jr. Wells.  I wasn't blown away by his playing, or singing as such (not that he was bad or anything).  It was his presence and showmanship that you can really learn a thing or two from.  Fun guy.   Pro.

  Dan G.

    Tuesday night has R. J. Mischo's jam at the Mojo Lounge in Fremont.  If nothing else you'll get to see R. J. Mischo fronting a band made up of the cream of local blues players. High quality jammers too. It's free. If you only stay for the house band portion you'll have seen one of the best blues shows you can find in the Bay Area. Birdlegg (SBWII style player) hosts a jam on Wednesday nights at Pat's in Oakland. 1517 Franklin St. Oakland, CA 94610. Starts at 8. Usually high quality jammers. You should check out the Yahoo Bay Area Blues group calendar. It's comprehensive and up to date. >>">http://www.themojolounge.net/> If nothing else you'll get to see R. J. Mischo fronting a band made up of the cream of local blues players. High quality jammers too. It's free. If you only stay for the house band portion you'll have seen one of the best blues shows you can find in the Bay Area. Birdlegg (SBWII style player) hosts a jam on Wednesday nights at Pat's in Oakland. 1517 Franklin St.