Re: [Harp-L] Chordmonicas

It seems to me that you either have to go looking for them in a determined
fashion or stumble across them.  I stumbled across one right at a time when
a bunch went on sale on E-Bay.  However, I have seen little of them
since.  They probably go on sale in cycles or something.  The double slide
is an interesting instrument, but will take a bit of woodshedding before it
really becomes useful.  Mine, unfortunately, can only be played in high
humidity.  It has a crack in the comb that shows up when the weather dries
out which causes two unsympathetic reeds to play at the same time.  (Oh,
what a sound!)  It sounds good though, when it is playable.

The ones I saw on E-Bay were not really all that expensive at the time.  I
suspect that the instrument is odd enough that most folks won't bid on it
unless they understand what it is.  Keep looking and you will probably find
one that you can work with.

Cara