[Harp-L] Jack Bruce-Traintime

    Hey Harpers,
                         I usually respond to others'
comments here but I recently listened to Jack Bruce's
live performance of Traintime w/
fresh ears and I have to say I was knocked out by it.
With the recent Cream reunion (they are still
seriously rockin') I hope some younger folk might get
turned on to them.
     Bruce plays harp on several songs on the early
Cream albums but
nothing really impressed me that he took the
instrument very seriously. No one's ever likened him
to Little Walter,etc. But here's
what blows me away about this song : It's clean
unamplified acoustic harp accompanied only by drums.
For 7 straight minutes- live- he cleanly
executes every lick with soul, power and perfect
rhythm.This guy is a
major musician ! So while I'd never say he's the
greatest harp player alive man I'd like to see someone
try to top this performance. (It probably didn't hurt
having Ginger Baker backing him).

    Chris "Hammer" Smith