[Harp-L] Digitech Rp300 follow up

Hi,

just a little follow-up, since some of you showed some interest in this subject. Last thursday I went to the local weekly jam with the RP-300A. The patches I prepared at home, the ones I found on the net made by Richard Hunter and Chris Michalek, were still there, but I didn't have the time to check their volume level. Therefore they weren't exactly "ready to use", but with a little tweaking of the master volume I managed to have four or five sounds quite usable. The ones I used the most were the ones by Chris, based on a bassman simulation with some distortion in them. I used also the one with a selectable octaver in it, and I had a lot of fun, both during the soloes, and during the background riffs. A very "horn-like" situation! The Hunter's patches were a little bit more esoteric, with more modulation effects, and with a loud band, as it was last Thursday, they were not the best choice. I've tried some of them on some jazzier tune with my chromatic, and they sounded perfect, but I had some volume problem, so I switched back on the bassman emulation and every thing went fine. I'll have to try again, next time: at home, Richard's patches sounded very good. No feedback problems with none of the patches (unlike the times I've tried to play with a V-Amp) . I've played all the time with an SM-57.

I still have some reserves about this unit, from my last "patches-lost accident". I still don't know what caused it. I've heard that power failures could lend to some malfunctioning, but I'm not sure if this was my case. Next thursday I''m going to go to the jam with my electric mandolin, but this time I'll use only the factory presets. I'm pretty sure you're not interested in my mandolin experiments, so, if you'still need some comments on the Rp-300 use with a harp, you'll have to wait a couple weeks more.

Ciao,

Claudio