Re: [Harp-L] Another Man Done Gone

http://www.verahallproject.com/spirit/anotherman.html

This link is great. Much info there re the song in question. Vera told Alan
Lomax that she heard her father singing the song and Allan wanted to her it
so she gave it a go. I have found that performance on a cd of recordings
Lomax did back then of Afro-American songs and Games. Also on the cd is
Sonny Terry and Muddy Waters. A valuable cd for my blues radio show.

I first heard the song as done by Sugar Blues at a Jazz festival. Mighty
fine. And Carlos Del Junco does it too on his Big Boy album.

As to who wrote the song, not sure.

A classic that has endured the test of time.
Cheers