From: "James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Boogie On, Reggae Woman
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:44:10 -0500

"what harp he is playing on this song?"

I'm not certain... but I do believe that's 1st position diatonic Mr. Wonder is playing

Jim.

>>> "Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/12/2006 11:20 AM >>>
I've heard Phish's cover many times, but today I heard the original Stevie Wonder version for the first time, and I was paying close attention to the harp solo. With so much bending at high speed, it sounds more like what I'd expect from a diatonic harp, even though I know Stevie is famous for his chromatic playing. Does anyone know the details of what harp he is playing on this song? If that's a chromatic...well, I'll have to see that instrument in a whole new light.

Jonathan