RE: [Harp-L] Deconstructing

My style has changed over the last few years. The first thing you
need to do is STOP listening to other harmonica players.  I rarely
listen to other harpers unless somebody sends me a CD to critique or
review... I've learned tons just trying to play what my drummer or
bassist plays.  I listen to lots of eastern vocal and flute music.  I
also listen to lots of rhythmic drumming from around the world.
Tabla, Dumbek, Tabla Tarang, Dolki, Djembe, Kanjira etc...

IF you listen to other harp players and try to emulate that then
sounding like a harp player is inevitable.