[Harp-L] Top 10 Blues Jam Songs

A few years back I was involved in putting together the Top 10 Folk Songs. It turned out to amount to well over 200 to choose from. After lots of work and voting, we cut it down to 100. In that instance it worked out fine.

So far we have 23 from the three people who sent in a list of 10.

This got me to wondering if it would be a good project to do as was done with the Folk Songs, and then
maybe put together a CD with these , say maybe the top 20, or 100, with some of our most distinguished members playing them. Now that should be one HELL of a seller, and the moneys could go for benefits to those Harpers who fall into difficulties. The money could be controlled by SPAH, or some other delegated group. It might even become a classic among all Harp players...I know I would own one.

I would volunteer my time to help put it together if needed.

Just a thought!

Regards Don

Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Top 10 Blues Jam Songs

I know a lot of you hardcore blues freaks will disagree but my all time favorites are:

Sweet Home Chicago
Christine
Rock This House
Got To Find My Baby
Mustang Sally
Stormy Monday Blues
Bye Bye Bird
Blow Wind Blow
Just Your Fool
Seventh Son

Sally is probably the most controversial from a blues point of view but never fails if measured by audience response.

Harri