Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Jason Ricci's heart

Cara writes:

"Perhaps you should take your opportunity to recipricate on another  occasion
when a better opportunity arises.  But, in the meantime, you  have done a
wonderful thing sharing this wonderful incident with the rest of  the list.
My biggest pet peeve with news and lists today is, when someone has  an axe
to grind, they tell the world -- but their compliments and the  good
news often remains unheard and unpublicized.  I was impressed  immediately
with Jason's sincerity and kindness when I met him in  Dallas.  I did not
really get to hear him play until much later, and  what impressed me more was
his sincere interest in helping others become  better and sharing his love
for music.

Cara"

......I've already explained in my post to Garry and you about our  inability
to work things out when JR last played Long Island, but this was  especially
nice to hear from you.  It hadn't dawned on me that you didn't  really get to
hear Jason play at SPAH, but I remembered you were just  arriving exhausted as
we were heading out to Knuckleheads, and I imagine you did  not get to the
Wed. a.m. 5-man Seminar/Blues Blow-off, given that you spent most  of your
"spare" time at SPAH in full teaching mode.  I was the beneficiary  of quite a bit
of that and I'm still exceedingly grateful.

I imagine Jason would impress you since I think you have similar  approaches
to your music...you both believe in giving your all to your  audiences...and
students, so coming from you, this was indeed a lovely  compliment.  Thank you,
Cara.

Elizabeth