Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Stick mic of choice...

Always attempt to try a mic with the rest of the gear
before buying it.

My favorite (and a popular mic right now) would be the
Electro Voice RE 10.  It sounds great, is easy to
hold, and it looks cool.

An SM57 is nice, but it is a little dark for my style.
 However, it is my back up mic.

I have played some of the four pin 545s and 565s from
Shure.  The 565 has a ball and is hard for me to hold.
 The 545 is a lot like the 57 and a good mic all
around.

I was watching a Freddie King DVD last week and the
drums were mic'ed with several 545s.

--- mfugazzi67 <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick & Dana
> Siekmann"
> <dsiekmann@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Just wondering if there's any kind of concensus
> here.  Most of the
> harp mic talk seems to focus on bullet styles, with
> a preference
> toward vintage.  But is there any one stick mic that
> stands out head
> and shoulders above the rest?  SM57, perhaps?
>
> My amplified journey is just beginning, and I'm
> looking for direction.
>
> --- End forwarded message ---

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica