Re: [Harp-L] tube replacements

The groove tubes AY's are good tubes Nick. I think that the only company actually making AY's these days is
EH (Electro Harmonics). With that said, I'm pretty sure that the Groove Tubes 12AY's are a re-label of the EH's.
Either way you'll be fine.

Scooter

Does anyone have some good recommendations for tube companies? I have a
Blues Jr. on it's way to me and, following some tips I've read, I'd like to
swap the standard 12AX7 pre-amp tubes for 12AY7 tubes to cut down on
feedback. I'll be using a new green bullet mic with the amp.

I saw someone mention groovetubes on this list, but I'd like to make sure
I'm not buying junk.  I just don't know enough about tubes and tube
manufacturers to make an informed decision on brand.

Thanks guys (and gals),

Nick