From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Nick Kirkes
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:03 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] harp mod's

Harp-L'ers,

Something I'm eager to learn and
am having trouble finding help with is modifying my own harps.

I've looked at a couple websites, but nothing that has really helped me
feel comfortable trying something on a harp of my own.  I've got a
couple of older wood comb Hohner's that I don't play very much and think
I'd like to use them as sacrificial learning aids.

Can someone point me in the right direction to modification
instructions?  Ideally I'd like to learn how to make the harp more
airtight and somehow stop the squeal I get on some of my higher end
bends.  Making the harp easier to overblow would be nice too, but I
haven't even really started trying to learn that technique yet, so that
might be asking a bit much.

I realize some people do this for a living and I'm not asking for trade
secrets.  Just something to get me to a basic level that might help my
harp playing.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Nick