[Harp-L] C-level thesis on harmonica-pedagogy

Hi list!
As my studies finaly are almost finished I have written a C-level thesis on the subject of harmonica pedagogy. Me and my co-author Daniel Bostrom were interested in finding out how harmonica teachers deals with the problem that you can not show your students what you do when you play, because everything takes place inside your mouth.

We interviewd four well experienced harmonica teacher, namely;
Joe Filisko
David Barrett
Winslow Yerxa
Steve Baker
We then compared the info they gave us with what is written in harmonica litterature, and compared them to each other and came up with a number of strategies.

The name of the paper is "Teaching an "Invisible" Instrument: How do harmonica teachers explain things that cannot be see?

If anyone out there is interested in reading this, please email me and I will send you a PDF version of the thesis, I would love to get some feedback on this.

Mikael

Mikael Bäckman Floragatn 8 941 51 Piteå Sweden 46 (0)911-122 43 harp@xxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ramblinminds.com