[Harp-L] In Line Volume Control

      I want to share the good news about a product that I recently purchased after I saw a recommendation from Trip Henderson on Harp-L. Trip is a real pro and I've always loved his playing and respect his opinion so I gave it a try!

           The product is called an "In Line Vol control", it connects to most Mics, has a VERY high quality and professionally calibrated volume pot and can be interchanged easily and on the spot with other Mics.

      I, like Trip, use a LOW impedance mic thru an amp (in my case an Fireball or SM57 ) thru a Fender Blues Deluxe.

      But they make one for High Impedance Mics and Bullets as well.

      ( I heard from Randy Singer that Audix is working on a Fireball Mic w/ Built in Vol. Control, but with Greg's adaptor you can 'pop' it on and off any Mic of your choosing....which is a plus)

      Most impressive is the QUALITY of the item, well built with real PRO materials and workmanship...bravo!

      It allows you to work comfortably with your Volume right from the Mic, eliminating reaching knobs on the Amp as well as Feedback problems on stage etc. This is a Godsend for Harp Players: here are some are the advantages:

      The 'Pot range' is totally responsive and useful and does not comprise your tone at all, unlike other mics w/ built in Vol Controls. The tapering effect is very smooth and balanced.

          I'm also very excited about using this Item on Gigs where I'm singing and NOT using a Harp Amp, but blowing some harp. This is invaluable, to have the control to pull the volume back a bit enabling you to 'cup' or handhold and take a solo, then swing it back in the stand and up the Volume for Lead Vocals.

          Alot of times I'll do gigs with other leaders and 'they' control the PA and Volume, so here is another plus to get some reserve when the band get loud...you won't have to beg for more Volume!,-)))

          Also, when going on break, merely turn the volume back, it's never OFF just low enough so no feedback will ring from your Mic on a break. This would eliminate the need for a Mic or Cable w/ an On / Off switch.

          I have no affiliation at this time with this company, just like their product and service.

      The Product is made by Greg Heumann, a Harp Player and his info is below....hope this was helpful, enjoy, good luck and Happy New Year!

      The info below is off Greg's copyrighted Website: http://www.blowsmeaway.com/

      Designed by harp players for harp players, these handsome in-line volume controls give you simple and reliable volume control where you need it - at the microphone! This is useful for many reasons:

      Adjust mid-performance for quieter harps (Low D comes to mind)

      "Back off" a bit when filling behind another's solo or vocal.

      Leave a little headroom for when the guitar player turns up (and we know he will)

      Optimize for vocals and harp when performing acoustically

      Set the maximum volume attainable without feedback

      Kill feedback instantly if it does occur

      Walk over to adjust amp without feedback as you approach
      All controls are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase and I offer a money-back guarantee in case you're not satifisfied with the control.

      a..
      Copyright © 2005 BlowsMeAway Productions