[Harp-L] Re: Effects microphone?

Dave wrote:
"Last night the featured band for the new years eve festivities (Tempe, AZ) was "Blues Traveler". John Popper had a huge mic that looked like it had effects in it, or should I say below it. It had several buttons that he presses at various times. Anyone know anything about it?"

As I understand it, it's just a regular SM58 that he has tricked out ala Frankenstein with switches to activate all the effects he uses. Here's a pic: That way, the controls are right there in his hands rather than spread out on the floor. http://www.eternalimages.net/2004_innsbrook_photos/2004_images/popper_012_72dpi_660px.jpg
See more info at http://mixonline.com/livesound/tours/audio_travelin_sound/
MN