[Harp-L] Subject: "Free CD" Newsletter - exposure to different music genres

I get a newsletter called The Daily OM.  Interesting personal growth
articles.  Today it included information about registering to get a music  newsletter
called free CD each day....profiling artists and their music from all
genres.  Seems quite intriguing.  Harp content?  I've no idea,  yet.
Elizabeth
"     February 28, 2006
An Exploration Of  Music
DailyCD
We are proud to announce _DailyCD_
(http://www.dailycd.com/cgi-bin/userinfo/settings.cgi?subscribe=1&from=dailyom) , a free newsletter that highlights some
of the  world's most distinctive and thrilling music in a wide range of
genres.  You can receive DailyCD in your email inbox when you _register for free_
(http://www.dailycd.com/cgi-bin/userinfo/settings.cgi?subscribe=1&from=dailyom)
. Every weekday, a new album and  artist will be profiled, giving you an
opportunity to discover new musical  styles and talent through comprehensive
reviews and complementary  listening clips. Music is a form of communication that
is both engaging  and challenging. It is as natural as a heartbeat yet still
encourages us  to grow through our appreciation. Exploring the limitless world
of music  inspires the imagination and takes us on a journey that encompasses
not  just sound but also emotions, culture, and the rhythms that move us.

Music is an expression of many aspects of humanityâit speaks of  our hopes
and dreams, fears and joys, and beginnings and endings. For  every thought,
emotion, and circumstance, there is a corresponding melody  and beat that is its
parallel. Every weekday, DailyCD offers a new  occasion to explore the world
through sound. We will feature an eclectic  selection of music including sounds
from recent times as well as classics  from decades past. Whether the day's
selection is part of the rock, pop,  jazz, world, electronica, folk, blues, or
indie genre, or is in a class  all of its own, the music you hear will offer an
opportunity to open your  mind to new melodies and erase your preconceptions
regarding what music is  or should be.

As the nature of music is one of shared experiences,  DailyCD offers a
community feature that allows you to discuss the day's  selection or other musical
topics with individuals who are as dedicated to  music as you. You can also
save your favorite DailyCDs to your folder,  email them to a friend, or order the
physical CDs if you like them. We  truly hope you will enjoy this unique
exploration of the world of music.

_Click here for your free  DailyCD_
(http://www.dailycd.com/cgi-bin/userinfo/settings.cgi?subscribe=1&from=dailyom)