[Harp-L] Chris Michalek, Jason Ricci, and a red-headed Italian

I got back from my trip to AZ yesterday where I spent
the later part of the week with Chris Michalek.  I am
going to go out on the limb here and say that his new
band will eventually go "big" time.  Sooner then
later!

The new four piece is absolutely amazing.  I watched
them draw in dozens of random people from all around
the area they were playing that happend to just be
walking by.  The music was so enagaging that everybody
from trust fund college girls to elderly men were on
cloud nine.  I think a large part of the crowd thought
I was their manager.  I bet a dozen people came up to
me asking about where they could get a cd, book the
band, or catch them next weekend.

Did I mention how difficult the music was they were
playing?  Chris had little difficulting jumping right
in and doing his thing.

Needless to say, Chris is an absolute power house on
harmonica, but he is equally talented as a host and
friend.  He is truly one of the most entertaining,
sincere, and respectful people I've ever met let alone
called a friend.

And to think these guys were just jamming!!!!

The previous night, we were at the Jason Ricci show,
and there isn't anything I can say about him that has
been said a million times.  Great harp player, great
human being, and always entertaining.  The band is
always fun to hang with, and I about crapped my pants
when he called me up to do a song.

Needless to say, he had the crowd eating out of hand
before he even blew a note.  Then he and the band
proceeded to melt everybody's face with song after
song of pure energy and mojo.

Chris and Jason played some amazing stuff together,
and it was interesting to hear all the jamming and to
never hear anybody lose their voice or wank for the
sake of wanking.

What a weekend!!!!!

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica