Re: [Harp-L] Improving Breathing Problems with Harmonica

Iceman still doesn't get it! In response to the story on health vs harmonica, he sez:

"No need to apologize. Harp-l topics morph like surfing the internet. Last I heard, taking topics in different directions isn't against the Harp-L policy (as long as there is harmonica content contained within)."

FYI - your post requires a new header, rather than simply changing the subject of an existing header!

"Actually, most people could use more awareness of effective breathing whether assisted by use of harmonica or not. Along with proper hydration, proper breathing is primary for a healthier life. (I lead every one of my students through this concept in learning to play the harmonica)."

Wow - very interesting and perceptive, but irrelevant to the topic of my original post.

The very important article with a definite direction on the URL I posted deals with the use of the harmonica as a means to an end, rather than the end itself. In other words, using the harmonica to improve breathing for elderly patients, rather than using better breathing techniques to play harmonica more effectively.

How this relates to your "u-turn in the road" escapes me.

There isn't a player on Harp-L who is unaware of the value of effective breathing as it relates to harmonica artistry.

- Danny

--
BassHarp
PO Box 5061