[Harp-L] Frigging Froggy's Franc Exchange (was busking in Europe)

Monsieur Fouquet's advice is sound and typically worthy of emulation except, I regret to say, the one which got him 50 euros.

(Excerpt: Nicolas said he played ," n front of a jewelry in Shop Street (Galway, Ireland). I have been asked to go away by the waitress (very cute btw...). I just said: alright, 50 euros! She smiled, I did to. Then She went to back to the store and came back again with a E 50 note... I move 10 yards on the right and started playing again.")

It reminds me of a '79 train ride - before Froggy was even a tadpole - from Calexico to Guadalajara when, 20 hours into the grueling 0 hour trip, a sniffling ten-year-old kid stood next to my shoulder and started caterwauling (i.e., like Dennis the Menace with a toothache) with his hand out. When I gave him a peso he moved on to the next row of seats and resumed his extortion.

Of course, we traded smiles, too, but I don't think the experience found its way as an alluring anecdote into Busker-L.

Harp Content: It occurred to me to pull out a harp and start playing, to drown him out, but the other passengers were already considering throwing the kid out the window into the river, and I wasn't that much bigger at the time . . .

-Dave Fertig

P.S.: MORE HARP CONTENT: As a temporary resident of France I must attest to the fact that Nicolas "Froggy" Fouquet, despite his sparkling yet ironic personality and his penchant for dressing - and playing - like Dennis Gruenling meets Jason Ricci meets Big Walter meets Mel Blanc (uh oh I am in trubba, bubba!) is one fine and fastidious harptech, and monster player. Now if only he would stop doing his Road Runner dance in public . . .

Here's Nico's next "gig," tomorrow: http://www.elmtreeblues.org/L'OPERA%20BOUFFE.htm Several harp players from around the South of France are coming, along with a bunch of others, to jam gutbucket blues til the wee hours, a la Elmtree mode. Y'all come on down!