RE: [Harp-L] Re: Digest Number 2271 (Busking in Europe)

Lurking mode can be really useful you know? lol

  Busking is a thing which I love actually, even better than stage!!

  Busking is a matter of smartness if you want my advice. you have to take care about many things.

  French tend to put busker at a level under s...t while Galway is the "Jerusalem" of buskers where busker are nearly holy.

  Understand that more or less everywhere you'll go, police will not like you anyway unless you have incredibly good communication skills.

  In France, you have two way for busking: the original way: drop hat and start to play until you're kicked out or register at the city council which is really not a big deal. This last way is safer as you won't then get fined.

  But busking in Europe is mainly a matter of luck. You would be well advised to ask to the stores around if they would mind your busking.
  Play unplugged, accoustic music, not too loud!!! I SAY NOT TOOOOOO LOOOUUUDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

  Usually, it is not legal but tolerated busking in Europe. Then it will depend of what you play, how you do it, when you do it and where you do it...

  Another good deal is busking in front of very very posh sotres. It happened to me to play in front of a jewelry in Shop Street (Galway, Ireland). I have been asked to go away by the waitress (very cute btw...). I just said: alright, 50 euros!
  She smiled, I did to. Then She went to back to the store and came back again with a E 50 note...
  I move 10 yards on the right and started playing again.

  Playing in front of pub is different: the pedestrian side belongs to the bar, so you need their permission to perform, but once you have it, the bartender is the ONLY ONE allowed to put you away.

  Busking is also different from begging. Begging is tottally forbidden and police is used to assimilate Begging with Busking.

  Froggy

Nicolas Fouquet
Frog's Workshop
'Makes ya feel great!

Harmonicas
15 bis Rue tour du Château
34480 Puimisson France

tél.: (0) 4 67 36 06 14
fax: (0) 4 67 36 06 16
http://claudefouquet.free.fr/froggy/

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.