Re: Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Bending reeds on Chromatic Harmonica, a done thing?

Winslow is right, I was wrong. There is no average
frequency and my explanation was not correct (I have
just checked it).
Both the blow and the draw reeds are vibrating in the
same frequency, however I think the amplitude should
be an average. Shouldn't it? As one of the reeds start
sounding louder, the otherone fades away and vica
versa while the loudness (amplitude) seems to remain
the same. Winslow correct me if its wrong.
I don't remember if I said that anything is a function
of time in either cases.
First I thought that the bent note frequency is
superposed of two frequencies but meanwhile i started
to read something and also tried it in practice and my
explanation was wrong in this respect because both
reeds alter their frequencies simultanously during
bending.

But I have made a - for me - incredible discovery I
did not know before. It is possible to bend a note up!
(It might only be new for me)

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/winslowyerxa/chrobend.mp3