[Harp-L] Jason Ricci in AZ

Jason was amazing as usual.  Mike Fugazzi and I hung out with him for
a while before hand.  It was a blast watching the UFC championships
and talking music.  I could tell the band was tired and Jason wasn't
in the mood to play.  During the hour before the set, Shawn was
prepping his mind with middle period Coltrane, Buckwheat was
listening to a CD of my live music and Steve the drummer was
listening to the Cocteau Twins. Jason is as cynical and hilarious as
ever.

I recorded most of the show. I say most because there was 20 second
window where somebody went up to my recording rig and pressed the red
button on my recorder. UGH!!!  Before I realized the recorder was
off, I had missed My Head is in Bad Neighborood, Mellow Down Easy,
Mike Fugazzi's awesome playing and most of Drifin and Driftin'.
The good news is the recording otherwise turned out quite well.  I
will post what I have to archive.org in a next few days.

Here's a sample from last night.  I introduced Jason to my Maxon
Auto-wah pedal and of course like everything else he hit the ground
running.  Jason and the band was awesome as usual!

http://www.michalekstrone.com/music/chris_jason.mp3

Enjoy.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com